Houston, TX | Part-time | Contract
Right now we're looking for someone to join our small team. You would be working on stuff for several brands, including Corgli & Co and Give A Fluff. You would mostly be in charge of shipping online orders and keeping up with all the inventory stuffs. But, as part of a small team of people who each wear several (fancy) hats, you would also be part of product making and packaging, preparing for events, and helping at events or popups. To fit this job, you need some flexibility: you might be needed during some evenings and weekends. Details will be talked about at the interview stage for shortlisted applicants.
This is a part-time contract role based near Downtown Houston, TX.
Duties may include, but are not necessarily just:
- Knowing and understanding the products
- Checking and processing incoming inventory
- Packaging incoming stock
- Making or assembling products created in-house
- Counting inventory
- Helping with keep track of stock levels
- Picking, packing and shipping orders with our online systems
- Dropping packages off at the post office
- Working at events either locally, or some travel if you want
- Communicating with team members, customers, and vendors
- Keeping a tidy work space
- Doing other things that need doing
We’re want for someone who is:
- 18 or older
- An excellent communicatorer!
- Positive, patient, kind, and honest
- Comfortable communicating with people through email, phone, and in person
- Very attentive to detail
- Willing to take initiative and be self-aware
- Willing to follow direction and guidance
- Capable of recognizing when help is needed and willing to ask for it
- Able to complete tasks the right (and timely and efficient) way
- Capable of working by yourself and with others too
- Able to identify problems, come up with solutions, and do things the best way possible
- Comfortable working with computers and equipment, including heat presses and cutting machines
- Comfortable working in common software, including Google Docs and Google Sheets
- Able and willing to learn programs and apps that we use
- Able-bodied - must be able to lift 30 lbs and occasionally 50 lbs
- Transportation that won't let you down!
- Experience in retail (helpful, but not required)
If this sounds like you, please fill out our application form that's linked below before Friday, April 5 2019. We'll review your application and let you know. Please only apply if you feel you meet our requirements. If you have any questions about the role, or us, please email email@example.com.